This was the second Taste of Sudbury Food & Drink Festival held on the 22nd June 2014 in the centre of Sudbury, a historic market town. With over 4000 visitors, 70 exhibitors mainly from Suffolk and Essex and local chefs demonstrating their dishes on stage with compere Mark David from the Cookery Experience.
The festival is organised by the Sudbury Town Team, a voluntary and non-profit-making group representing the interests of local businesses and happens because of the support from local food & drink producers and a huge thanks must been given to local businesses who sponsor the event and helpers on the day.
The event was again opened by Lesley Dolphin from BBC Radio Suffolk and the deputy Mayor. There were musical performances from Pot Kiln Primary School and Adam Chinery and his band the Magic Bus.
Demonstrations on stage included:
- Nick Trustram-Eve who continued demonstrations on Georgian Food throughout the day in Gainsborough’s House.
- Alan Paton, Award winning Head Chef at Stoke By Nayland Hotel
- Dan Ashdown from WE provisions, Sudbury Market
- Regis Crepy from the The Great House, Lavenham
- Greg & Ray from The Suffolk Venison Larder
- Arron Jackson from The Angel, Bury St. Edmunds
- David Inns from The Jolly Meat Company in Hadleigh
- Chandramaul from the Black Lion, Long Melford
- Rosita Minichiello from Scarlet Rosita
Also at the event were the opportunity to make your own smoothie by pedal power and a chance to milk a cow (not real) provided by SB Surveyors.
Photos courtesy of Andy Howe of Andy Howe Photography.